Free Event – U.S. Bank Stadium
If you know me, you know that I am very passionate about what happens in the youth ministry world as Church works together to reach and mentor youth for Christ. Especially right my city, the Twin Cities!
So when a big event like Billy Graham Crusade, Luis Palau Festival, Teen Mania, Dare 2 Share, Planet Wisdom, Rock the River, Pulse Twin Cities, or any many other large events that has come to our city for me it is about the event, but too what happens after the event.
For the past 27 years, I have always talked about NEXT. I have had the privilege of working with and leading 100’s of leaders on NEXT.
But this is a new season. A new generation of leaders who have not experience the NEXT of churches working together at this level.
You see, for the past eighteen months, I have served with a team of youth pastors who have been meeting, dreaming, preparing, and planning for Pulse Twin Cities. Now it is here.
IT IS GO TIME!
Across the country, the Twin Cities has been known youth ministries working together. Once again we get to show the world.
In just the past 14 months, we have seen ministry leaders come together for three Pastors Summits. In these meetings 830, 500, and 650 ministry leaders have been challenged by Nick Hall with a “big vision” for this of season of prayer, unity, and evangelism.
We have heard Senior Pastors, from different denominations and ethnic backgrounds, share their heart for our city. These leaders have stood together on the stage demonstrating and leading our city in Kingdom unity. And together, we have cried out to God for a mighty move of His spirit for our city!
All of this has resulted in the Church of the Twin Cities being focused on the mission of every youth worker (full-time, part-time, or volunteer), that is to reach youth for Christ.
- 750 partnering churches, senior leaders, and youth ministries engaged in the mission.
- 750 Churches all mobilizing people to pray and share their faith in coffee shops, workplace, schools and neighborhoods.
- 750 churches and youth ministries using the same language, messages, and promotional strategy.
- 10,000’s of God’s people in the Twin Cities praying to fill em’ all 62,200 seats for the event on May 18that U.S. Bank Stadium.
The Big Why is?
- To see 1000’s of students in our city come to faith and discipled (II Tim. 2:2 model – disciples making disciples).
But what if there was MORE? So much more in our NEXT?
The event will be awesome, with a massive pillow fight, great music, exciting program, full stadium, testimonies for sports personalities, and the powerful message of the Gospel where the Minnesota Vikings play! d But there are 600+ youth workers in the 600+ partnering churches who want more than a “Big Event”, with a massive pillow fight, great music, excitement program, full stadium, and the powerful message of the Gospel where the Minnesota Vikings play!
Think about WHAT IF…(Eph. 3:20)
- 1000’s Christian students unite and to live on mission to impact their world and their schools (180 high schools in Twin Cities).
- 10,000’s people pray for and supporting these Christian students at their schools (ie. Christian Booster Club) and our youth ministries
- 100’s of youth workers connect and continue to collaborate in local networks to reach youth for Christ in their community.
- 1000’s of adults stepped up to mentor this younger generation in our churches, schools and communities.
Simply put WHAT IF…
- Students did adults cannot do? They go to school and make Christ the catalyst in their lives and school (lights in the darkness)
- Adults did what students cannot do? They pray, pour into, and provide the resources for students to impact their friends and schools
- Youth Workers did they have been called to do? Equip and release young people to go make a difference in the school and world.
I don’t want us, the Church, miss the “MORE” in our NEXT from this incredible and life-changing event.
The “MORE” goes way beyond a what happens May 18th for a few hours in a stadium. But NEXT can build an army of people involved in praying for, reaching and mentoring the next generation. The NEXT can literally impact every school, community, and the world.
We Care about the next generation!
- What will YOU do in reaching and mentoring next generation in the Twin Cities? After days, months, and for years after May 18th?
Your Call to Action
- Pour Into
- Provide Resource
It is time!
Church, let’s seize the Moment!